Title: Senior IT Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 12 Months
Job Position Summary Description:
Client is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior IT Cloud Infrastructure Specialist.
This role will be responsible for the design and support of the company’s Azure Cloud infrastructure environment.
They will design scalable, secure, reliable, and efficient technical cloud infrastructure ecosystems to support enterprise and client applications.
This specialist will also assist other infrastructure specialists with on-premises infrastructure environments including networking, telecommunications, and servers/virtual machines/storage that resides in the data center.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
• Develop fully functional cloud stacks in Azure that enable technical teams and DevOps implementations.
• Provision, migrate, test, and monitor Azure infrastructure environment resources. This includes Azure infrastructures,
Azure AD, Azure Security, Azure Networks, Azure VMs, and Azure Services used by development teams.
• Enable DevOps team with Azure DevOps environments based technical application requirements.
• Assist IT and deployment teams with Azure infrastructure troubleshooting tasks
• Work with other infrastructure specialists in the migration of application services and hosting to cloud-based Azure infrastructure architectures where applicable.
• Assist other infrastructure specialists with design and support network/telecommunications solutions. This includes phone systems, LAN/WAN network, MPLS, circuits, routers. switches, firewalls, wireless access points and VPN troubleshooting for 2-3 US locations.
• Assist the team in the design and management of data backup solutions incorporating them into disaster recovery solutions (on-premises and cloud).
• Management, monitoring and coordination of third-party infrastructure vendors and associated contracts.
• Document cloud / infrastructure environments, assets, and perform change management tasks.
• Enforces cloud network policies and standards ensuring adherence to global security controls.
• Work as a team with other specialists and cross-train each other on Azure and Data Center/Networking skills.
Personal Characteristics and Attributes:
• Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills in the infrastructure domain.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to various stakeholders.
• Motivated and driven person who acts with a sense of urgency, persistence, and take-charge attitude.
• Inquisitive nature and self-starter who can execute with minimal guidance.
• Strong desire in learning new infrastructure technologies and methodologies.
• Exhibits confidence due to IT knowledge and an overall positive attitude; willing to stand up for their beliefs and ideas.
• Solid stakeholder relationship building skills, ability to interact with application and data development teams.
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
• 3 years or more of Azure Cloud Infrastructure experience designing scalable, secure, reliable and efficient technical cloud infrastructure ecosystems to support enterprise and client-facing applications.
• 8 years or more experience with Data Center and Network architectures / operational support.
• Strong track record of supporting a variety of distributed data center and Cloud computing environments, and infrastructure platforms. Including highly available, fault-tolerant, and web-scalable infrastructures.
• Full life cycle experience from architecture, design and support of cloud / data center hardware, security hardware, server/VM, and network environments