The role is for a VP of Data Sciene to work closely with other data scientists/researchers to support Risk Mangers, Portfolio Managers and Traders. We build cutting edge liquidity analytics using a wide range of ML algos and a broad array of technologies (Python, Scala, Spark/Hadoop, GCP, Azure). This role is a great opportunity to work closely with the Portfolio Managers, Risk Managers and Trading team, spanning areas such as:
Evaluate trading data, including pre-processing, feature engineering, variable selection, dimensionality reduction etc.
Leverage machine learning to extract insights from data and work with investment managers to put those into action
Design, develop models/ML solutions for Liquidity Research.
Implement the model and integrate the model into Aladdin analytical system in accordance with BlackRock's model governance policy
• B.Tech / B.E. / M.Sc. degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Finance or similar area). M.Tech. / PhD is a plus.
• Knowledgeable about data mining, data analytics, data modeling
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Confident in building models to solve problems including time series forecasting, clustering problems and hands on experience with a range of statistical and machine learning approaches.
• Strong background in Mathematics: statistics, probability, linear algebra is a big plus.
• Previous experience or knowledge in healthcare is not required but a big plus.